Design & Sample Development Internship at Uye Surana -- Spring, Summer, or Fall Semester
We are currently seeking a Design & Sample Development Intern. This internship position will provide hands-on experience in a small design studio in NYC. You will refine your skills by assisting the designer directly in inspiration research, flat sketching, pattern correcting, and muslin fitting. By the conclusion of this internship, you will possess a comprehensive understanding of garment construction from initial concept to the final product. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated fashion design or pattern making student with great consideration for detail.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Fashion Design
- Interest in lingerie & clothing
- Available to intern 1-3 full days per week in Manhattan
- Self-motivated & detail-oriented
- Assist with concept development, inspiration sourcing and details research
- Aid in material sourcing
- Able to work independently with direction on flat sketching, muslin fitting and pattern correcting
- Support with pattern preparation & sewing/correcting samples
- Please include your cover letter in the body of your email.
- Submit your resume as an attachment.
- Send 1-3 samples of your work, or give us a link to your portfolio.
- Contact email@example.com.