Social Media & PR Internship at Uye Surana -- Spring, Summer, or Fall Semester
As a social media intern, you'll be working right in our design studio with the brand's creative coordinator. Content planning is a task that we as a small brand have to develop in both the short & long term, and you'll be assisting with the daily maintenance of both tasks. You'll help source content for various social channels and work closely with us on tasks like influencer gifting, performance metrics, and social optimization. Many of our social interns also gain the opportunity to spend part of the duration of their time with us working on one long-term project here. The project involves some kind of content production, tailored to the intern's strengths and interests -- video production, blog post writing, introducing a new social platform to Uye Surana, etc. Under our mentorship, you'll refine these interests into skills. By the end of your time with us, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of how to craft, implement and measure content strategy -- valuable skills you'll take with you into many future endeavors.
Our ideal candidate has intrinsically strong verbal skills (spelling, grammar, tone) plus good intuition for striking and responsive visuals. You should also feel comfortable balancing an awareness of trends in fashion and media with our brand's specific voice, aesthetic and audience.
This is a great position for a candidate pursuing a degree in media & communications or public relations with a strong interest in fashion, who appreciates the idea of working intimately with a small, growing brand on various tasks. We expect a commitment of 2-3 days a week and can offer a daily stipend as well as school credit.
- Current student pursuing a degree in media & communications, PR, fashion marketing or other related fields
- Strong writer with a good understanding of voice & tone and how to adapt them
- Passionate about social media & interested in fashion and lingerie
- Experienced with various digital platforms & good trend awareness
- Creative and resourceful attitude; able to both work independently as well as collaborate, brainstorm and take direction
- Good intuition for engaging copy & images, but finds data & analytics interesting too
- Assist with day-to-day social content sourcing and scheduling
- Researching and coordinating on influencer outreach & press releases
- Sample handling & coordination for styling pulls
- Content production project as described above -- writing, images, video, or otherwise
- Measuring analytics & developing optimization insights based on performance data
- Please include your cover letter and submit your resume as an attachment.
- If applicable, send handles of any social media accounts you manage, your own social media, and/or a sample blog post. Definitely check out all of our social channels for inspiration!
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.